Blunk Microsystems announces new release of technically leading embedded file systems.
San Jose, CA (November 2, 2009) Blunk Microsystems announces a new release of its suite of embedded file system products. Blunk offers both leading technologies and the broadest support in the industry. Products currently shipping include:
- TargetFFS: full featured UNIX-like flash specific file system, supports all NOR and NAND flash.
- TargetFAT: power-fail safe FAT file system supports FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, and UTF encoding.
- TargetFTL: Flash Translation Layer for NAND and NOR, to provide a hard disk-like interface.
- TargetZFS: provides read-only access to snapshots of PC directories. File contents are transparently decompressed while read by application. Volume images can be linked with program code.
- TargetNDM: NAND bad block manager, with support for production mass programming of initial volume images.
Technical highlights include:
- Customer adoption of second generation MLC NAND support.
- TargetFFS is the only file system to provide guaranteed powerfail recovery for MLC NAND.
- Second-generation FTL architecture gives a small RAM footprint and yet performance equal to mapping the virtual-physical sector translation table fully in RAM.
- Our products not only support erase wear leveling, but also read wear leveling and the ability for the driver layer to request a block recycle operation based on a high incidence of corrected bit errors.
- VHDL code for HW ECC and NAND driver acceleration (blank checking and page validity key).
About Blunk Microsystems
Blunk Microsystems has been providing leading edge high-performance embedded systems software for over fourteen years. All Blunk Microsystems embedded products are implemented in tight, non-GPL code to be fast, small, reliable, and shippable. Blunk's products include an RTOS, TCP/IP stack, file systems, embedded web server, board support packages, and integrated GNU-based development environment. See www.blunkmicro.com
for additional information or call (408) 323-1758.
Blunk Microsystems, LLC
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826
T: (408) 323-1758
F: (408) 323-1757
TargetOS, TargetTools, TargetFFS, TargetFAT, TargetFTL, TargetTCP, TargetWeb, gBuild, and the Blunk Microsystems logo are trademarks of Blunk Microsystems, LLC. Other marks used herein are the property of the respective owners.