Blunk Microsystems announces new release of technically leading embedded file systems.
San Jose, CA (November 2, 2009) Blunk Microsystems announces a new release of its suite of embedded file system products. Blunk offers both leading technologies and the broadest support in the industry. Products currently shipping include:
- TargetFFS: full featured UNIX-like flash specific file system, supports all NOR and NAND flash.
- TargetFAT: power-fail safe FAT file system supports FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, and UTF encoding.
- TargetFTL: Flash Translation Layer for NAND and NOR, to provide a hard disk-like interface.
- TargetZFS: provides read-only access to snapshots of PC directories. File contents are transparently decompressed while read by application. Volume images can be linked with program code.
- TargetNDM: NAND bad block manager, with support for production mass programming of initial volume images.
Technical highlights include:
- Customer adoption of second generation MLC NAND support.
- TargetFFS is the only file system to provide guaranteed powerfail recovery for MLC NAND.
- Second-generation FTL architecture gives a small RAM footprint and yet performance equal to mapping the virtual-physical sector translation table fully in RAM.
- Our products not only support erase wear leveling, but also read wear leveling and the ability for the driver layer to request a block recycle operation based on a high incidence of corrected bit errors.
- VHDL code for HW ECC and NAND driver acceleration (blank checking and page validity key).
About Blunk Microsystems
Blunk Microsystems has been providing leading edge high-performance embedded systems software for over fourteen years. All Blunk Microsystems embedded products are implemented in tight, non-GPL code to be fast, small, reliable, and shippable. Blunk's products include an RTOS, TCP/IP stack, file systems, embedded web server, board support packages, and integrated GNU-based development environment. See www.blunkmicro.com
for additional information or call (408) 323-1758.
Blunk Microsystems, LLC
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826
T: (408) 323-1758
F: (408) 323-1757
TargetOS, CrossStep, TargetFFS, TargetFAT, TargetFTL, TargetTCP, TargetWeb, and the Blunk Microsystems logo are trademarks of Blunk Microsystems, LLC. Other marks used herein are the property of the respective owners.