Blunk Microsystems' high performance TCP/IP protocol stack TargetTCP is now IPv6 Phase I certified.
SAN JOSE, CA - March 11, 2008 - Blunk Microsystems, LLC, a leader in embedded system software, announces that TargetTCP has received Phase I IPv6 Ready certification by the IPv6Ready Organization (www.ipv6ready.org). TargetTCP allows developers to quickly and easily develop embedded applications that support the New Internet protocols, Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6). IPv6 is a major upgrade that offers significant improvements to network security, interoperability, and mobility.
"IPv6 support for a full range of network protocols, servers and clients will soon no longer be optional for competitive companies selling into the networked device market," said Erica Johnson, North American representative, IPv6 Ready Organization and UNH-IOL senior manager, IPv6. "The IPv6 Ready program is designed to instill confidence that devices can handle the IPv6 mandatory core protocols and can interoperate with other IPv6 implementations coming onto the market."
"The availability of TargetTCP IPv6 support gives our customers the ability to future-proof their products," said Tim Stoutamore, President of Blunk Microsystems. "TargetTCP has a reputation for high performance with a small footprint. Our IPv6 implementation continues that tradition".
Benefits of IPv6 to Networked Devices
The largest impact is the move from IPv4's 32 bit address space to 128 bits in IPv6. IPv6 merges separate protocols IPv4 networks had become dependent upon, like ARP and DHCP, into its auto-configuration support, which is central to IPv6. Hosts and routers automatically generate and verify unique link-local addresses at startup. Hosts send Router Solicitations on-link. Neighboring gateways respond with Router Advertisements. This built in auto-configuration allows large networks to be configured simply, greatly reducing management costs for network deployment.
Available in dual IPv4/IPv6 or standalone IPv6 mode, TargetTCP supports:
Pricing and Support
- Host functionality certified with 100% pass of Phase I (TAHI)
- Auto Configuration for address and router resolution
- Neighbor Discovery for stateless address configuration
- Multicast, including parts of MLD, and IGMPv3
- 100% Proprietary technology with no GPL code
- Standard 4.4BSD compatible API for UDP, TCP and Raw IP
- Proprietary zero-copy API for increased speed
- TCP Fast retransmit and Recovery (New Reno)
- TCP Selective Acknowledgment (SACK)
- Delayed acknowledgments and Nagle Algorithm with option to disable
- FTP, Telnet, and SNMP servers (HTTP optional)
- Ethernet and PPP interfaces (Wi-Fi optional)
- Security with SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 optionally available
- Delivered in ANSI C source. Assembly-language used for fast checksums
- Use with TargetOS for high performance integrated package. Easily ported to other RTOSs or to polling environments.
Standard Platform License for TargetTCP-IPv4/IPv6 stack is $19,700 USD. This license includes full source code, user's manual, sample applications, and one year of technical support. Purchasers are granted the right to use the provided source code in developing a single product. Fully linked executable code may be released without royalty. The source code and derived object code may not be redistributed or resold. Quotes for multi-product and other distribution licenses are provided upon request.
About Blunk Microsystems
Blunk Microsystems has provided high-performance leading edge embedded systems software since 1995. Blunk Microsystems' widely used embedded products are implemented in tight, non-GPL code to be fast, small, and reliable. Products include an RTOS, TCP/IP stack, assorted file systems, embedded web server, board support packages, and an integrated development environment. Visit www.blunkmicro.com
for more information, or call (408) 323-1758.
Blunk Microsystems, LLC
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826
T: (408) 323-1758
F: (408) 323-1757
TargetOS, TargetTools, TargetFFS, TargetFAT, TargetFTL, TargetTCP, TargetWeb, gBuild, and the Blunk Microsystems logo are trademarks of Blunk Microsystems, LLC. Other marks used herein are the property of the respective owners.