Blunk Microsystems has added support for phyCORE®-MCF548x, PHYTEC's single board computer based on Freescale's MCF548x ColdFire processor
San Jose, CA (September 9, 2005) Blunk Microsystems has added support for phyCORE®-MCF548x, PHYTEC's single board computer based on Freescale's MCF548x ColdFire processor.
Included in the phyCORE548x BSP (board support package) are:
- Low level initialization of the MCF5485 including CPU, Communications I/O Subsystem, System Integration Unit (SIU) and SDRAM controller, allowing TargetOS™ applications to boot from external Flash
- Drivers for the MCF5485's dual Fast Ethernet Controllers (FECs). The driver uses the highest negotiable combination of half and full duplex, 10 and 100 Mbps, and implements a zero-copy interface to TargetTCP™, Blunk Microsystems' high performance TCP/IP stack. Minimal time is spent in the FEC interrupt handler. Supports TFTP downloads, FTP transfers, Telnet access to the TargetOS command line monitor, and other TCP/IP applications.
- Interrupt-driven and polled-mode drivers for MCF5485 Programmable Serial Controller (PSC) channels PSC0 and PSC1 in UART mode
- Support for the MCF5485 MMU
- Support for the MCF5485 data and instruction caches
- A menu-driven Flash programmer for installing TargetOS boot applications into the external flash
- Integration with TargetTools™/ColdFire, the embedded TargetOS IDE for ColdFire from Blunk
- phyCORE548x BSP is royalty-free. Standard Platform License allows use on one product development and unlimited distribution of executable code in that product. Includes full source code, user's manual, and one year of technical support.
- Contact Blunk for a turnkey demo of TargetOS for the phyCORE-MCF548x eval board.
- For more information on phyCORE-MCF548x eval board, visit https://www.phytec.com.
About Blunk Microsystems:
Blunk Microsystems develops and sells high performance embedded systems software modules, including an RTOS, networking stacks, and advanced file systems. More information is available on the Blunk website at www.blunkmicro.com.
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826
tel: (408) 323-1758
fax: (408) 323-1757