Blunk announces new TargetTools release
San Jose, Calif., September 27, 2012 - Blunk Microsystems announces a major upgrade to its TargetTools embedded toolset to support the latest versions of Microsoft’s Windows and add the following features:
- Faster builds: takes advantage of multiprocessor systems by running multiple compilations in parallel, thus speeding up build times.
- Per-project TARGROOT: optional project-specific value for the top-level TargetOS directory, making it easier to switch between multiple projects and source code versions.
- Per-source-file Compilation Options: supports different compiler options for the individual source files in a project, allowing fine control of specific compiler optimizations.
- Event Trace Window Improvements: multiple Event Trace windows can be open at once, facilitating comparison of saved event traces with new ones.
- Kernel Awareness Improvements: multiple kernel-awareness windows can be open concurrently and the kernel-awareness is better integrated with the debugger.
- XML Project Files: project databases now use an XML-based format, providing more flexibility and the ability to hand-edit them, if desired.
- Setup Wizard: assists in configuring new projects.
- Subprojects menu: allows quick switching between an application’s prerequisite projects.
- New Processor Support: Altera’s Nios2 32-bit softcore has been added, including USBBlaster JTAG integration and TargetMon™ debug-over-Ethernet support.
The TargetTools Premium Subscription™ is an all-in-one solution that includes development tools and an embedded OS licensed as a per-seat annual subscription at a total cost of $5K per seat. This update is a major rewrite that uses Microsoft’s .NET environment and provides a base for significant new features going forward. Look for frequent advancements and updates to follow.
About Blunk Microsystems
Blunk Microsystems has provided leading edge embedded software since 1995. Our focus is high-performance systems software for 32-bit processors. Our products include the industry’s most extensive line of embedded file systems, an IPv6 Ready TCP/IP stack, embedded web server, RTOS, board support packages, and an integrated GNU-based development environment.
Blunk Microsystems, LLC
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826
T: +1 (408) 323-1758
F: +1 (408) 323-1757
TargetTools, TargetTools Premium Subscription, and TargetMon are trademarks of Blunk Microsystems, LLC. Nios2 is a registered trademark of Altera Corporation.