SNMP interface to MIB II, RMON and Host Resources
This SNMP server provides a remote management interface to the run time configuration and statistics of Blunk's networking, file systems and RTOS products, including MIB-II, RMON and Host Resources. SNMP uses UDP, a connectionless protocol, and is designed for latent and loss prone networks where careful and efficient management designs are required. SNMP adds flow control to UDP along with user and access features for secure and uniform embedded device management across even the most unreliable communication channels. Optional upgrade to SNMPv3 adds secure users and views for defining tiered levels of access control, including the notifications managers can receive.
Compact and Optimized code base
- Relative next technology speeds GetBulk and other consecutive lookups.
- Compiled code size is typically under 30KB.
- Optional memory manager limits SNMP database growth to ensure system reliability on memory constrained systems.
Easy interface for utilizing the SNMP agent
- Two versions of MIB II included with the most recent IP agnostic MIB II turned on by default.
- Compile or run time configurable object thresholds invoke a notification whenever a threshold is crossed.
- Notification thresholds are real time monitored.
- Source code templates for adding new types and objects.
- Manual and examples included.
- Mibsim is an optional Windows application that can import and simulate any MIB and also generate TargetSNMP source code.
RFC-compliant with an extensive protocol suite.
- SNMPv1/SNMPv2c: RFCs 1155, 1156, 1157, 1213, 1215, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906 and 2576
- MIB II: RFCs 2011, 2013, 2096, 2863, 4001, 4022, 4113, 4292 and 4293
- RMON: RFC 2819
- Host Resources: RFC 2790