TargetSNMP™ Agent SNMPv3
Upgrades TargetSNMP Agent with SNMPv3
SNMPv3 adds secure users and views to SNMPv2c, enabling highly configurable access controls. Users and views can be added at compile and/or run time allowing tiered levels of access control. Provides a real time control interface to which users have access to which managment objects, including the notifications managers receive.
Compact and Optimized code base
- Relative next technology speeds VACM and other consecutive lookups.
- Under 20KB, not including SNMPv2c or DES.
- Efficient design shares authenticaion and encryption algorithms, reducing system footprint if the application is also built with either TLS or IPsec.
- Optional memory manager limits user and view growth to ensure system reliability on memory constrained systems.
Secure Diffie Hellman Key Exchange
- Negotiates user keys using Diffie Hellman key exchange.
- Eliminates the need for additional key management systems such as IKEv2.
- Efficient design shares DH key exchange library with IKEv2, reducing system footprint if both are deployed.
- Can be disabled at compile to to reduce space if an alternate key exchange algorithm is preferred, such as IKEv2.
RFC-compliant with an extensive protocol suite.
- SNMPv1/SNMPv2c/SNMPv3: RFC 3410, RFC 3411, RFC 3412, 3413,
RFC 3414, RFC 3415, 3416, RFC 3418, RFC 3584
- USM DH: RFC 2786
- USM AES: RFC 3826