Blunk Microsystems supports a family of drivers for IndustryPack UART modules. These drivers support the stream I/O routines (printf(), scanf(), etc.) in the Standard C Library provided with TargetOSTM, Blunk Microsystems' full-featured royalty-free real time operating system.
- The drivers operate in both polled and interrupt driven mode. Polled mode is used by the TargetOS boot menu and command line monitor. Interrupt driven mode is used by TargetOS applications.
- The default configuration is 8-bit serial data, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit, no parity, and no flow control. The TtyIoctl() function allows the baud rate, character length, number of stop bits, parity, and flow control to be modified as sup-ported by hardware. Either hardware (CTS/RTS) or software (XON/XOFF) flow control can be selected. If enabled, flow control is applied to both directions, transmit and receive.
- Read and write buffers are implemented for each channel. The receive buffer is filled by the interrupt handler as new characters arrive. Tasks block during read requests if the receive buffer is empty. Write requests fill the transmit buffer. The transmit buffer is drained by the interrupt handler as characters are transmitted. If there is a write request and the transmit buffer is full, the task blocks.
- Newline conversions and ESC breaks are enabled by default. The former converts newline characters to CR/LF on output and LF characters to newline characters on input. If interrupts are enabled, the latter causes the ESC character to break into the TargetOS command line monitor. These options are controlled separately and should both be disabled on channels used for raw data transfers.
- The baud rate is independently selectable for each channel. The table below shows the number of channels and the maximum baud rate supported by each IndustryPack module.
|Module||# Channels||Max Baud Rate|
|IP-MP Serial 423||2||57600|
- Shipped with three sample applications: a multichannel hello world application, an application demonstrating flow control, and an interactive line editing application.
- Tested on the VIPC860, VIPC360, and VIPC610 IndustryPack carriers from SBS Modular I/O and the MVME162 IndustryPack carrier from Motorola.
- Integrated with TargetTools™, the IDE for embedded development from Blunk Microsystems with an integrated compiler and kernel-aware debugger, visual code editor, search and replace tool, BDM for board bring-up, and fast Ethernet download.
- Royalty free. Includes full ANSI C source code, user's manual, and one year of technical support.